Recent Posts

English Timeline (from past to present)

 Past perfect continuous: 

I had been going

I had been going to school for a year when it was closed.

They have been playing

The boys had been playing soccer for about an hour when it started to rain.

He had been working

Richard needed a holiday because he had been working hard for six months.

He had been jogging.

He was tired because he had been jogging.



Past perfect:

It had started

By the time we arrived at the cinema the film had already started.

I had washed 

I had washed the car before it rained.

She had finished

She had finished her homework when I called her.

They had heard

Once they had heard the explosion, they left the building immediately.




Past continuous: 

It was washing

I was washing the car when it rained.

He was working

My brother was working last night at 7pm

I was watching TV

I was watching TV when the phone rang

He was playing football

Marc was playing football while John was reading a book.


Past simple:

I went.

I went to school yesterday.

I visited them, when I was little

I always visited my grandparents in my summer holidays when I was little

She lived there

She lived near Chicago for a couple of years.




Present Perfect Continuous: 

I have been studying 

I have been studying for 5 hours. I’m tired now.

She has been learning

Mary has been learning English for the past three years.

They have been living 

My friends have been living together since May.

We have been painting

We have been painting the living room all day, but it’s not finished yet


Present perfect: 

I have been 

I have been to Italy twice

She has never driven

Mary has never driven a car in her life

We have already done

We have already done this exercise today.

Have you ever tried it before?

Have you ever tried sushi before?


PIN IT📌







No comments:

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
Powered by Blogger.